Updated: 3 days ago
You just signed up for your first boudoir session so, now what?
This may be completely out of your comfort zone and something you never thought you'd do. But don't worry - boudoirs are a beautiful, super empowering, and a little addicting!
The best things to do about a week or two before a shoot is to remove alcoholic drinks, replace with a lot of water, stretch daily, and of course, shop!
Water and stretching are very important! Many of my poses use muscles you would not normally use, so you want to make sure you are flexible and ready to pose!! You may be sore the day after the shoot and this is totally normal, just keep drinking water and you'll feel so much better.
First up, outfit ideas!!
I offer a client closet filled with over 300 beautiful items. I have body suits, lace featured sets, body chains, leather items and so many other accessories!! PLEASE bring a seamless skin colored thong if you wish to wear anything from my closet! Everything is washed before every shoot and sanitized and your thong is just extra protection!
I typically suggest bringing an outfit or two incase you don't want to wear something from my studio closet and we work together to narrow them down to the best options. You are most likely going to be wearing clothing that could feel slightly uncomfortable if you're not used to lingerie, so choose your outfits wisely.
1. An outfit you know you are comfortable in; this could be your significant others over sized shirt. a soft silk dress, or simply your favorite sweater with thigh high fuzzy socks. The best thing about boudoir photography, is that you can make it your own!
2. Something on the sexier side to reach your inner diva - I personally LOVE three piece sets or bodysuits! This is a great way to be covered up but also super figure flattering and sexy! It works great in most poses because it's form fitted to your back, bust, and tush!
3. Think out of the box. Strive to embrace your body. (braless in a crop top with fishnets, leather straps, jean shorts and topless, or even your birthday suit!)
Most importantly, be yourself.
Oh my goodness! The shoot is almost here!
1) Get your nails done! Though it may seem silly, chipped nails or bright colors might be distracting in a photo. Clean those babies up and keep it neutral. Stay away from yellow/green nail polishes. These can photograph "dirty" or distracting.
2) At least two days before, wax whatever you need to. Whether it be your eyesbrows or down below. Keep it clean and give it a day to settle so we don't have bumps or burns. If you don't typically wax or shave, that's totally okay! Be true to YOU! Hair is normal.
3) Moisturize! Lotion gives your skin a simple glow and keeps it looking soft and fresh. This will also help with acne, dry skin and will clear up any blemishes. Makeup is easier to apply when the skin is fresh, clean, and moisturized!
4) Lastly, do NOT spray tan or use tanning lotions of any kind before your session!! I can not stress this enough! These can create orange stripes or discoloration to your hands and feet. It is not pretty! Keep it natural, ladies! Its okay to have soft porcelain skin, and with the moody lighting my studio offers, sometimes it actually gives you a warm glow!
*If photoshop is needed to remove spray tans or spray tan lines it WILL result in an additional editing fee of $500 since this will be handed off to a professional retoucher to fix your skin*
OMG! It's the day of the shoot!
Hair and makeup is a must! I Include hair & makeup in all of my packages and ask you show up with loose fitting clothes to ensure your have no tight red lines on your skin. I want my clients to feel fully pampered once they enter my studio!
1. Come with a clean, makeup free, hydrated face. My makeup artists are AMAZING and work with every tone, color, or texture skin. Do not be afraid of my glam sqaud. They're amazing and trained for every skin type. If you have any questions about makeup, reach out to me and I can put you in contact with your artist for the day.
2. Come with clean DRY hair. I use a few different styling wands, straighteners, or combs to style your hair. Hair must be dry if you would like it heat styled by me. You will not have the option for wet blow outs.
3. Natural or Curly Hair! No problem! I personally have natural curly hair and I suggest you come to your session with it ready to go and styled how you like it. I do have some curly products in the studio and anti frizz sprays to help any curls behave and get back into place as well as tiny curling wants to add some more curls in.
4. Wigs or Hair extensions. Bring it if you're comfortable applying them yourself! We are not a full salon in the studio so we do not have all the supplies needed. I can help lay edges or style the hair as needed or even help clip them in for you! You can contact me before your session with any questions you may have!
I don’t expect you to know what you are doing in front of the camera, so leave that up to me! I will pose, guide, and direct you constantly, making sure that you look absolutely amazing. I may even roll around on the floor and show poses to you, so you know exactly how to do it! In order to stay looking beautiful remember just stay relaxed. I love to capture genuine laughs and catch your natural beauty. I always have music playing while I photograph. Get ready to share some laughs while I dance behind my camera and capture your genuine smile. Sometimes the sexiest part of us is our smile, so do NOT be afraid to giggle and have fun!
I want you to be yourself. I want to show you how I view you. I want to make you realize how worthy you are and help you love yourself without apology.
"That was so fun! I don't ever want to leave!"
We are done! The shoot was amazing, we are grabbing lunch in full glam and feeling gorgeous.
I typically need about 30-45 minutes to go through your images and prep them for your reveal!
The reveal happens the same day as the shoot!! Yup! We break for a quick lunch or coffee and meet back in the studio to see all the magic.
This is when we will watch a slideshow, pick out your favorite images, and build your album and other products! We will relax in the studio with calmer music and soak in all the gorgeousness.
This will be the last time to view all the images so make sure you're vocal about everything you want! I only hold digitals for 3-6 months after your session. This is why finalizing products is so important for the day of your session.
Now you get to go home, have a glass of wine and just love yourself. I'll make any extra adjustments to the products/photo's and order!
I ship all my products to you after they've been fully inspected. This process takes anywhere from 15-30 days. If you're in a rush or have a specific date you need your gifts by, just let me know!
Rushes are available on most products!
Still have questions? Don't be afraid to message me! I'm here for whatever you need!
I can't wait to see you!
- xo Hannah